Announcements September 10, 2014
· “House” Youth Centre meetings for grades 10 & 12 begin tonight at 7:30 pm, doorsopen at 3 pm. New members are always welcome. We are located at 247 Brock St.
· Coach Scott would like to remind the JR football team that YES we do practice in the rain. We play in the rain, we practice in the rain. Jr football practice is tonight regardless of the weather conditions unless there is lightening.
· Golfers due to the threat of severe weather conditions, todays practice is cancelled. Be prepared to go on Monday and Tuesday of next week, Fox Glenn 3:00pm sharp. If you cannot make it please contact Mr Pascot or Mr Brunone befor then.
· The Jr & Sr football teams are still looking for managers, trainers, photographers and students or staff to help work the concession booth during home games. This is a great way to get your volunteer hours. Please see Coach Scott if you're interested.
· The Villanova Concert and Jazz band begin their rehearsals tomorrow night. Meet in room 106, the music room at 2:30 pm tomorrow. Concert band finishes at 4pm, and jazz band finishes at 5pm. All abilities and grades are welcome.
· Student Price Cards allow students to save 10 - 20% at over 80 stores. These cards are $9 and they will be available for sale tomorrow and Friday at the beginning of each lunch in front of the cafeteria. More information including a list of participating stores and their discounts will be available too. Don't forget $9 tomorrow or Friday at the beginning of lunch!
· Tryouts for the Junior Boys' Volleyball Team will begin on Monday, September 15th, from 4:00-5:30pm. Be ready promptly at 4:00pm in front of the gymnasium.
· To all girls trying out for the junior girls' basketball team, our next practice will be tonight at 4:00 pm in the gym.
· A reminder to all those interested in participating in the school newspaper, The Villy Free Press, the first meeting of the year will take place today in room 214 from 2:30 to 4:00. Please see Mr. Hamelin if you are interested but cannot attend.
· Student Parliament will be meeting on Thursday of this week right after school in the LCC. Bring your ideas!
· Attention all grade 9s interested in becoming a Student Parliament grade rep, the sign-up sheet is now in the main office. If you are interested in becoming a grade 9 representative please sign your name on the poster in the main office. You have until this Thursday to sign up.
· This Friday after school, there will be an information session for the Youth Troop. The Youth Troop is the high school branch of the Canadian Cancer society. Its purpose is to raise funds for the Canadian Cancer society, raise cancer awareness, and to educate our fellow classmates on cancer prevention methods. If you are interested in joining the Youth Troop, please attend the session Friday after school in the LCC. New members are always welcome.
· There are many community service opportunities, one is Children's Fest next weekend, Mud Puppy Gallery in A'Burg, please see Mrs. Verardi in Campus Ministry if you are interested.