Announcements September 15, 2014
· Canadian Blood Services invites our school to be part of the "Young Blood for Life" Program. The program is intended to give students the opportunity to learn more about the blood system in Canada, recruitment strategies and how to organize school clinincs. Anyone interested in joining the program or who has helped with our blood drives in the past, please see Ms. Russo in the science prep room during homeroom today.
· Cross-country practices continue this week after school. New runners are still welcome. A special call goes out to grade 9 and 10 boys and girls. Please meet in the atrium at 2:30.
· "Get ready to rumble!" Chess club will meet tomorrow after school in room 132. Everyone, whatever level, welcome"
· This past Saturday, the Senior Boys Volleyball Team competed in the Ursuline College early bird volleyball tournament. The boys played exceptionally well in their 5 round robin matches finishing with an 8 and 2 record. The boys advanced to the semi finals and easily defeated the Holy Names Knights 25-18, 25-19. The boys advanced to the finals against a very tough Forest Heights team from Kitchener. Despite playing their hearts out, fatigue was kicking in and the boys lost 25-17, 25-22. Despite the loss, the boys started their season on a very high note. Best of luck this week in the season opener on Thursday.
· The junior science club, open to grade 9's and 10's begins next week. See Mr. Scott in room 227 for information. It will be at lunch.