Announcements September 8, 2014
· Meetings at the House of Shalom Youth Centre starts this Tuesday and Wednesday for all students grades 9 – 12. New members are always welcome. We are located at 247 Brock St. Amherstburg. Our number is 519-736-6811, feel free to call if you have any questions.
· Chess club will kick off next week. Please stop by 132 and le Mr. McBride know your preference for days to meet.
· The Creative Writing Group meets today in room 214 from 2:30-4:00. Writers of all ages, grades 9 through 12 are invited whether they are interested in short fiction, memoir, poetry, or script writing. Also a reminder that the Villy Free Press meets on Wednesday of this week. Rm 214, 2:30-4:00.
· A reminder to those who have signed up for the Villanova golf team. Try outs Tuesday Sept 9th and Wednesday Sept 10th at 2:45 pm. Make sure to have $ 18 for your green fees. All participants must find their own way there. If you cannot make it please contact Mr pascot rm 108 or Mr Brunone rm 110. See you there.
· For all girls trying out for the junior girls basketball team, tonight's practice has been cancelled. Tomorrow night's practice is at 4 o'clock.
· Can all peer buddies from last year's Best Buddies group please come to atrium for a quick meeting at this time.
· Attention all grade 9's interested in becoming a Student Parliament grade rep, the sign-up sheet is now in the main office. If you are interested in becoming a grade 9 representative please sign your name on the poster in the main office. You have until this Thursday to sign up.
· Just a quick reminder to Quebec Travellers of tomorrow's meeting at 8:00 a.m. in room 103. Merci
· The Villanova Music Department begins their new season this week. If you like to sing, the choir will meet this Tuesday from 2:30 to 4:15 pm. We sing in three parts and a mixture of popular music. If you play an instrument, the concert and jazz band will meet this Thursday from 2:30 to 5 pm. All levels and abilities are welcome. Don't miss out on an exciting new year. Rehearsals are in room 106, or see Mrs. Brunet in the music room for more information.
· A reminder that cross-country practices continue this week. New runners are still welcome. Please meet in the atrium at 2:30