Announcements October 27, 2014
· A reminder that boys' hockey try-outs resume at 3:00 today at the Vollmer. Bring $10.00.
· Congratulations to Alexandra Siddle, whose artworks won the Women in Sports art and sport competition held at the University of Windsor School of Visual Arts. Her works, along with the works of Cassie Marancie and Parker Drouillard were chosen to represent this first combined sport and art initiative. Honourable mentions at the show were the works of Megan Meloche and Kyle Scherer. Our visual arts students represented our school proudly with insightful, imaginative works.
· Make a winning move! Come out to chess club tomorrow after school in room 132!
· Attention all grade 9, 10, and 11 students. Semi Formal will be held on Friday November 21st at the Fogolar Furlan. Save the date!!
· This announcement is from Guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 teachers and students. Gr. 12 students and teachers are reminded of the following events this week: On Wed. Oct. 29 the guidance department has scheduled applications sessions for all Gr. 12. The period 2 session is for those students applying to university and the period 4 session is for those that will be applying to an Ontario College. For the univeristy bound students you will be receiving your PIN numbers in your period 1 class that day. This envelope will then be your pass to attend the period 2 university application session. So please make sure you bring this envelope with you to your period 2 class, report for attendance and then proceed to the auditorium with your envelope. Students on a period 1 spare can pick up their PIN numbers in the Guidance Office that morning. For the college application session period 4, this session is open to all Gr. 12 students wishing to apply to college. Also, period 1 Thursday, Oct. 30 St. Clair College will be here to make a presentation to our Gr. 12 students. All Gr. 12 students will be invited to attend. Teachers are asked to plan accordingly for these sessions this week.
· Attention all students!! Boo Grams will be on sale on both lunches in the cafeteria. They will be delivered during homeroom on Friday. Happy Halloween!!!
· A reminder for all girls interested in trying out for Villanova's girls hockey team. There will be another tryout this Wednesday the 29th at 3:15 at the Amherstburg arena. If you have not paid your $30.00, please do so asap. Any questions see Mrs. Curran