Announcements October 28, 2014
· This announcement is from Guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 teachers and students. Gr. 12 students and teachers are reminded of the following events this week: On Wed. Oct. 29 the guidance department has scheduled applications sessions for all Gr. 12. The period 2 session is for those students applying to university and the period 4 session is for those who will be applying to an Ontario College. For the univeristy bound students you will be receiving your PIN numbers in your period 1 class that day. This envelope will then be your pass to attend the period 2 university application session. So please make sure you bring this envelope with you to your period 2 class, report for attendance and then proceed to the auditorium with your envelope. Students on a period 1 spare can pick up their PIN numbers in the Guidance Office that morning. For the college application session period 4, this session is open to all Gr. 12 students wishing to apply to college. Also, period 1 Thursday, Oct. 30 St. Clair College will be here to make a presentation to our Gr. 12 students. All Gr. 12 students will be invited to attend. Teachers are asked to plan accordingly for these sessions this week.
· Attention all students!! Boo Grams will be on sale on both lunches in the cafeteria. They will be delivered during homeroom on Friday. Happy Halloween.
· Attention all grade 9, 10, and 11 students. Semi Formal will be held on Friday November 21st at the Fogolar Furlan. Save the date!!
· Chess club strikes again! We will meet after school today in room 132.
· The Sign Club meets today at 2:30-3:30 in Room 202. New members welcome.
· Mr Creps Period #3 class is reminded to take 2nd lunch for the remainder of this unit and should report to class immediately after the end of Period #2. Mr Creps Period #4 Grade 10 Phys.Ed class is reminded that they are to catch the bus at 12:25 and are to be released from Period #3 at 12:20. A list of the students in this class and the field trip dates is posted on the BBS for all teachers.
· Last night the Sr. Girls basketball played 1st place Amherst. The team got behind early and trailed 14-28 at half time. However, outstanding defence in the second half limited Amherst to 6 points. The girls clawed back, but came up just short and lost 34-28. An outstanding effort was put forth by the entire team heading into the playoffs next week.
· A reminder to the creative writing group that there is a meeting today at 2"30 in rm 214. New members are always welcome. Also, is any members of the newspaper team are available tonight, there will be a fold and staple party, also in rm 214, starting at 2:30.
· Mr Crep’s Grade 9 period #3 class is reminded to report directly to class today and take 2nd lunch. Mr Crep’s Period #4 Grade 10 class is leaving on the field trip at 12:20pm to catch the bus.
· Art club is tomorrow from 2:30 until 4:00 in room 111.