Announcements November 4, 2014
· Attention all Female Students - Grades 9 through 12 You are invited to attend a career exploration event on the skilled trades. This event will highlight careers in the skilled trades and technologies. You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with tradeswomen in your community. The event takes place on Tuesday, November 25 at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts downtown from 5:00 - 8:45 p.m. Dinner will be provided. There is absolutelly no cost for you. Come out and see what opportunities there are for women in the skilled trades! More information is available in the Co-op Office. Participation forms need to be returned by Monday, November 10.
· The chess club will meet in room 132 after school today. New members always welcome.
· There will be a DECA meeting today after school in room 209. We only have two weeks till regionals on the 15th. Please try to attend even if you can't stay for the whole meeting. Thanks
· Students who participated in the science olympiad last year, or who were interested in participating, are to please see Ms. Russo in the science prep room during homeroom today. That's right now!
· This announcement is from guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 university bound students: A reminder of the University of Windsor Fall Open House this Friday, Nov. 7/14. Students can sign-up for it on the University of Windsor website. Also university bound Gr. 12 students are also reminded that the University of Waterloo will be here on Thursday, November 13/14 and the University of Western Ontario will be here on Friday, November 14/14. These universities will be set-up in the lobby for second lunch on the scheduled dates. In addition, they are also going to make a class presentation to those students seriously interested in applying to these institutions. These class presentations are scheduled for Period 4 on the day they are here. If you would like to attend these presentations, please see Mrs. Armaly in guidance. Students will sign-up for these presentations and the deadline to do so is Wednesday, Nov. 12/14. Students will be issued a pass to attend these in-class sessions.
· Attention all students planning to attend Villanova's Semi Formal on November 21st at the Fogolar Furlan. Tickets are $40.00 and will be on sale from Monday November 10 to Thursday November 13 in the atrium during both lunches. You must present a signed behaviour contract when you are purchasing your ticket. Behaviour contracs are available in the main office. If you plan on bringing a guest, you must present a signed guest pass as well as a signed behaviour contract for your guest. Doors open at 6:00 with dinner at 7:00 and dancing untill 11:00. This year's theme is Candyland. If you have further questions, you can contact Mrs. Curran, Mrs. Spada or Mrs. Muscedere.
· This is a reminder that catalogue orders must be in by Thursday of this week. There are also more chocolate bars to sell. See Ms. Bastien
· Anyone interested in purchasing tickets for Ms. Raco's fundraiser Wednesday, November 12 can purchase them from Ms. Bastien in room 111.
· Sr. Girls basketball practice tonight at 5:30-6:45