Announcements November 5, 2014
• Attention all Female Students - Grades 9 through 12 You are invited to attend a career exploration event on the skilled trades. This event will highlight careers in the skilled trades and technologies. You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with tradeswomen in your community. The event takes place on Tuesday, November 25 at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts downtown from 5:00 - 8:45 p.m. Dinner will be provided. There is absolutelly no cost for you. Come out and see what opportunities there are for women in the skilled trades! More information is available in the Co-op Office. Participation forms need to be returned by Monday, November 10.
• This announcement goes out to any student wishing to workout. The Villanova weight room will be open starting next week, and will be open on Monday and Wednesday from 2:35 - 4:00. Please be aware that only proper attire is acceptable and no food/drink will be allowed (water is an exception). If you have any questions please see Mr. LeClair in room 131.
• This announcement is from guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 university bound students: A reminder of the University of Windsor Fall Open House this Friday, Nov. 7/14. Students can sign-up for it on the University of Windsor website. Also university bound Gr. 12 students are also reminded that the University of Waterloo will be here on Thursday, November 13/14and the University of Western Ontario will be here on Friday, November 14/14. These universities will be set-up in the lobby for second lunch on the scheduled dates. In addition, they are also going to make a class presentation to those students seriously interested in applying to these institutions. These class presentations are scheduled for Period 4 on the day they are here. If you would like to attend these presentations, please see Mrs. Armaly in guidance. Students will sign-up for these presentations and the deadline to do so is Wednesday, Nov. 12/14. Students will be issued a pass to attend these in-class sessions.
• Attention all students planning to attend Villanova's Semi Formal on November 21st at the Fogolar Furlan. Tickets are $40.00 and will be on sale from Monday November 10 to Thursday November 13 in the atrium during both lunches. You must present a signed behaviour contract when you are purchasing your ticket. Behaviour contracts are available in the main office. If you plan on bringing a guest, you must present a signed guest pass as well as a signed behaviour contract for your guest. Doors open at 6:00 with dinner at 7:00 and dancing untill 11:00. This year's theme is Candyland. If you have further questions, you can contact Mrs. Curran, Mrs. Spada or Mrs. Muscedere.
• For the fourth consecutive year, the Senior Boys Volleyball have advanced to the AAA WECSSAA Championship. The Wildcats defeated the Riverside Rebels 3 sets to 0 on Tuesday night by a score of 25-12, 25-9 and 26-24. The Wildcats have a chance to become the first AAA team to win 3 WECSSAA championships in a row. Come out and show your school spirit this Thursday at 4pm in our gym as the Wildcats host our rivals the Sandwich Sabres for the WECSSAA title. It is sure to be an exciting game.
• For students wishing to attend the fundraiser for Ms. Raco, please be aware that ticket sales must wrap up by this coming Friday as the Fogolar Furlan Club needs to prepare for the numbers that will be attending. Tickets for students are $15, adults are $20 and children under 3 are free. See Ms. Bastien for tickets and or more information.
• Tonight at 4pm, the Sr. girls basketball team start their WECSSAA defense as they play the Sandwich Sabres. Come out and support the girls as they seek their 3rd consecutive WECSSAA Championship.