Announcements November 6, 2014
· Attention all Female Students - Grades 9 through 12 You are invited to attend a career exploration event on the skilled trades. This event will highlight careers in the skilled trades and technologies. You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with tradeswomen in your community. The event takes place on Tuesday, November 25 at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts downtown from 5:00 - 8:45 p.m. Dinner will be provided. There is absolutelly no cost for you. Come out and see what opportunities there are for women in the skilled trades! More information is available in the Co-op Office. Participation forms need to be returned by Monday, November 10.
· The Senior Boys Volleyball have a chance to "threepeat" tonight at 4pm when we host Sandwich in our gym for the WECSSAA FINAL. Come out and show your school spirit. It is sure to be a great game.
· A reminder to all students. Mr Strong's leadership class will be collecting coats, and other winter gear (gloves, scarves etc.) during 4th period tomorrow. Please bring your items to your 4th period class. The class with the most coats collected with win a pizza party.
· Can Mr. Strong's period 3 class please report to room 132 today.
· Mme. Beneteau's Period 3 Religion class is reminded to take second lunch and to report to room 103 at 11:00 am today.
· Drama, Dance and English New York travelers must bring in their deposit by Monday Nov. 10th.
· Last night the Sr girls basketball team took on rivals Sandwich for a chance to play in the WECSSAA final. The girls came out focused and took an early lead that they would never surrender. The team defence was outstanding and forced countless turnovers. The girls were lead by Rylee Welsh who dominate the interior and added 10 points. The Villanova's backcourt dominate Sandwich as the Rocheleau sister and Paige Carnahan combined for 38 points. The girls aim to win a third consecutive WECSSAA Championship this Friday at 4 pm in our gym. Come out, be loud, and cheer your cats to victory!
· There will be an open gym for any girl interested in playing volleyball this year. Since the girls' basketball teams are still in their playoffs, this is not a try out, just an opportunity to get you ready for the upcoming season. Girls playing basketball need not worry about attending. We have the gym on Monday from 5:30 - 7:00. If you have any questions or concerns please see Ms McMahon in the phys ed office.
· To All dance Team Members! There will be fittings for Team Jackets in the dance room lunch one and lunch two today and tomorrow
· All 3 gyms are 'OUT OF BOUNDS' during lunches. There are to be no students in the gym area ( that includes hallways ) or in any academic hallway during lunch time. The only acceptable places are the cafeteria, courtyard and LCC. Anyone not following these rules will be issued an automatic detention! Thank you
· Attention all students planning to attend Villanova's Semi Formal on November 21st at the Fogolar Furlan. Tickets are $40.00 and will be on sale from Monday November 10 to Thursday November 13 in the atrium during both lunches. You must present a signed behaviour contract when you are purchasing your ticket. Behaviour contracs are available in the main office. If you plan on bringing a guest, you must present a signed guest pass as well as a signed behaviour contract for your guest. Doors open at 6:00 with dinner at 7:00 and dancing untill 11:00. This year's theme is Candyland. If you have further questions, you can contact Mrs. Curran, Mrs. Spada or Mrs. Muscedere.
· The Villanova girls hockey team finished of their exhibition campaign on Tuesday with a convincing 5-1 win over Holy Names. In a balanced scoring attack Allison Langille, Avery Mertz, Jacklyn Yewchyn, Taylor Conte and Sara Mayrand all chipped in with singles
· This announcement is from guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 university bound students: A reminder of the University of Windsor Fall Open House this Friday, Nov. 7/14. Students can sign-up for it on the University of Windsor website and must follow normal absent procedure if attending this open house. Also university bound Gr. 12 students are also reminded that the University of Waterloo will be here on Thursday, November 13/14 and the University of Western Ontario will be here on Friday, November 14/14. These universities will be set-up in the lobby for second lunch on the scheduled dates. In addition, they are also going to make a class presentation to those students seriously interested in applying to these institutions. These class presentations are scheduled for Period 4 on the day they are here. If you would like to attend these presentations, please see Mrs. Armaly in guidance. Students will sign-up for these presentations and the deadline to do so is Wednesday, Nov. 12/14. Students will be issued a pass to attend these in-class sessions.
· This is a reminder that anyone wanting to attend Ms. Raco's fundraiser Wednesday, November 12 at the Fogolar Furlan club please see Ms. Bastien in room 111 for tickets. The student ticket cost is $15 and adults are $20.