Announcements November 10, 2014
· A reminder to the boys' hockey team: There is a crucial practice today at 3:00 at the Vollmer. See Mr. O'Keefe if you cannot make it.
· This announcement is from guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 university bound students: A reminder from guidance that the University of Waterloo as well as the University of Western will be here Thursday, November 13/14 and Friday, November 14/14. If you would like to attend a classroom session from each of these universities please see Mrs. Armaly in Guidance by Wednesday of this week.
· Students interested in helping with blood drives this year are to meet this Tuesday with Ms Russo in room 224 after school.
· There will be a DECA meeting Tuesday after school in room 209. This will be the last meeting before Regionals. Please make every effort to attend. Thanks
· The Chess Club will meet after school tomorrow in room 132. New members always welcome!
· Ms McMahon's period 3 class is to take 1st lunch today.
· On Friday the Sr. Girls basketball team won their third consecutive WECSSAA championship defeating Belle River 34 -17. The girls played great team defence and owned the offensive and defensive glass. The girls host SWOSSAA on Tuesday at 4 pm in our gym. Great job girls
· Attention all staff and students:On Wednesday, November 12, we are having a dress down day ($2.00) - Rally for Raco- in support of Mrs. Raco. We are encouraging everyone to wear purple, but it is not mandatory. Dress down passes will be distributed on Wednesday morning during period 1.
· Students on period 1 spare - you can pick up your lottery tickets from the main office. Don't miss out on an opportunity to win some great prizes.
· Semi formal tickets will go on sale today during both lunches in the atrium. They will be on sale until Thursday. You must have your signed Behaviour contract with you in order to purchase a ticket. To purchase a ticket for a guest, you must have a signed guest pass as well as a signed behaviour contract for your guest. Tickets are $40.00 and the theme is Candyland. All forms are in the main office.
· A reminder to the members of the Creative Writing Group that we have a meeting tomorrow in rm 214 from 2:30-4:00. New members are always welcome as we begin work toward our annual anthology.
· Just a reminder that the Villanova weight room will be open starting today and will be open on both Monday and Wednesday nights from 2:35 - 4:00. Proper clothing and no drink or food is allowed...water is ok. Any questions see Mr. LeClair room 131.