Announcements May 20, 2015
· Attention Graduates: If you wish to be recognized with a Silver Cord at Graduation for completing more than 100 hours of Community Service Hours, you must submit these to the Guidance Office by Thursday, May 29. Forms submitted after this date will be accepted but you will not receive a Silver Cord. If you want this recognition at Graduation, submit your hours to Ms. Charlebois in Guidance by Friday, May 29.
· There is a concert band rehearsal Thursday from 2:30 to 3:30 pm to prepare for graduation. There will be a potluck following the rehearsal for all band and choir members.
· Your Villanova Sr. Girls' Soccer team fought their way to a 2-1 victory over St. Joe's in yesterday's WECSSAA semi-final game. After giving up a goal early the girls stormed back with two outstanding goals by Kristen Swiatoschik. They protected their lead the rest of the way and earned a trip to the WECSSAA final against our cross town rivals, the Sandwich Sabres. Wish our girls luck as they play for the championship tomorrow at McHugh Park at 4pm. Way to go girls!
· The boys baseball team won their first two games yesterday at the WECSSAA tournament. The first game, a 9-2 thumping of Holy Names, included a grand slam by Chad Matton. The second game featured Tyler "Doc" Jamieson tossing a 2 hitter for a complete game shutout. Unfortunately the boys were unable to solve the mystery that is St. Anne's, and lost their final game of the day 8-1. The boys play today at 9:30 in an all or nothing game for their bid to win the WECSSAA championship. Go get 'em Wildcats!
· Art club is in room 113 tonight after school.
· It's that time of year again...time to elect your new Student Parliament for 2015-2016. The sign up posters are in the main office for those interested in running for a position on next year's Student Parliament. The sign-up posters will be up for 3 more days, Wednesday, May 20 - Friday, May 22.
· We are still looking for students to play in the Ontario High School Squash Tournament which is being held at Windsor Squash and Fitness on Friday May 29th. Cost is $13.00 per student. If interested please see Ms McMahon in the phys ed office.
· FYI...the annual Road Hockey Tournament will be held on Friday, May 29th. The cost is $10 per person and the tournament will be all day. Sign-ups will begin on Thursday, May 21st - Tuesday, May 26th in the cafeteria during both lunches. Teams may have up to 10 players including coaches/managers. All persons must pay before teams are allowed to sign up.
· Would the girls softball team please meet in room 110 at this time. Thanks
· Looking for community service hours? The Essex Rotary Club is looking for volunteers to help with the food service tent at Windsor's Art in the Park on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. Shifts run in 4-hour blocks and a lunch is provided for you. If you are interested, there is a sign-up list on the door of Prep 2 or room 236. Details of duties can also be found there.
· Students and staff. This Friday is our last food bank Friday for the school year. Please bring in a minimum of 3 canned goods on Friday to your period 1 teacher and you can come to school dressed down.