Announcements May 25, 2015
· Attention Graduates: If you wish to be recognized with a Silver Cord at Graduation for completing more than 100 hours of Community Service Hours, you must submit these to the Guidance Office by Thursday, May 29. Forms submitted after this date will be accepted but you will not receive a Silver Cord. If you want this recognition at Graduation, submit your hours to Ms. Charlebois in Guidance by Friday, May 29.
· Looking for community service hours?
Just a reminder that if you are interested in volunteering for Essex Rotary to help with the food service tent at Windsor's Art in the Park on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7, the sign-up list is on the door of Prep 2 or room 236. Details of duties can also be found there or you can speak to Mrs. Hyland.
· The annual Road Hockey Tournament will be held on Friday, May 29th. The cost is $10 per person and the tournament will be all day. Sign-ups will continue this week for 2 days, Monday, May 25 - Tuesday, May 26th in the cafeteria during both lunches. Teams may have up to 10 players including coaches/managers. All persons must pay before teams are allowed to sign up.
· Graduation awards will be available for pick-up in the Guidance office beginning on Monday, May 25. The deadline for all graduation applications is Friday, June 5, 2015. Completed applications are to be dropped off in the Guidance office. Please see Mrs. Muscedere in room 212 if you have any questions.
· We will have our last Chess Club meeting for the year tomorrow after school in room 132.
· The girls softball team took part in a 36 team tournament last week and did a fantastic job. They opened the tourney on Thursday by dropping the Titans 16-0 and followed that up with a dismantling of the RedHawks 18-3. After a night of rest they continued their dominance on Friday with a beat down of Lakeshore 17-1 and a drubbing of Dunneville 12-6. This put them in the championship game which they fought hard and battled tough but came up just short 10-9. Great tournament girls!
· Attention dance team members. This is a reminder that we will have our final meeting tonight at 230 in the dance room.
· Save the date. This year's athletic banquet is scheduled for Monday June 8th at the fogolar furland club. Tickets will be available on Wednesday in the phys ed office. Also parents are more than welcome to attend. Tickets will be $20.00 for non athletes.
· All students who are signed up to run for a position on next year's Student Parliament are to meet in room 105 for a brief meeting at this time
· The classes attending the assembly for Amanda Azar during period 4 today are asked to wait to be called down. The assembly will be getting under way at aproximately 1:20.
• The Costa Rica 2015 trip has come and gone.
Fabulous memories were made by a group of Villanova students that represented Your school with the utmost class and behavior. Many compliments were made about the students actions and behavior. All of the chaperones would like to thank and congratulate the best group of students ever taken on this trip.
• Please allow these students to wear their Costa Rica custom Shirts on Wednesday of this week to display their pride!!
Outstanding Job Guys