Announcements June 1, 2015
· ATTENTION GRADUATES: Is the death of one or both of your parents the reason you cannot afford to attend College or University next year? If you have serious intentions to attend College or University next year but due to financial problems may not be able to, then be sure to stop by the guidance office and pick up an application for the BBF Bursary. Up to $2,500 dollars will be awarded to a student in need. Once again, applications for the $2,500 dollar BBF Bursary are available at guidance to a deserving student who has suffered the loss of one or both parents. Come to guidance for more details.
· Any girls who are thinking of trying out for the Sr. Girls basketball team in September please see Mr. Lesperance in Rm 116 at some point today. Thanks.
· Attention choir members.....there is a rehearsal this Wednesday after school to learn the music for the graduation mass on June 9th. Rehearsal will run until 4 pm. Please see Mrs. Brunet in the music room to let her know if you are attending.
· Last weekend at a very competitive OFSAA regionals track meet, Villanova athletes did their best to move on to next weeks OFSAA competition in Toronto. And it did take their best, as most of the athletes posted season best erformances, and even that wasn't enough to move on in some cases. Maddy Michaud missed out on the hurdle final by 3 tenths of a second, as did Chloe Gignac by only 4 one hundreds of a second in the 100 meter and Savannah Marra by 3 tenths of a second. Chloe also missed out on the 200 meter final by only 7 one hundreds of a second. And we we're having the same results in the field, where Fina Pirrone threw a personal best of 10.64 meters ( a distance that would have seen her on the podium at lasts years OFSAA) to place her 5th overall this year. Anca Enache was one jump away from the top 4 in the high jump event. Mandy Brunet advanced to the finals in the 80 meter hurdles and ran a very fast time to place her 6th overall, only 3 tenths of a second away from qualifying for OFSAA. She did manage to break the draught though in the triple jump, where she leaped to 11 meters and a second place finish. Most of our distance runners put up season best times to finish their seasons. Congratulations Shaun Acrey, Andre Tomasian, Connor Sloan and Samantha Boussey. Noah Renaud advanced to the final in the 200m and then powered to a second place finish overall. Our final "almost there" race was the midget girls relay, where a seasons best time left them 1 tenth of a second away from OFSAA. Well done Tatiana,Chloe, Jalyn and Kristen.
· All track and field athletes who competed at WECSSA are reminded that team pictures will be taken WEDNESDAY morning at 9:15 in gym A. Bring your track uniforms for the picture and the lip dub. Also, don't forget your props for the lip dub!!
· Would the girls softball team please meet in room 119 at this time. Thanks