Announcements September 14, 2015
· Meetings at the House of Shalom Youth Centre start this Tuesday and Wednesday for all students grades 9-12. New members are always welcome. We are located at 247 Brock St. Amherstburg. Our number is 519-736-6811, if you have any questions.
· Attention all grade nines, this is an important announcement from Student Council. It is time to think about running for grade 9 representative. If you are interested in representing your grade on student council, sign up in the main office today, Monday the 14th, until tomorrow Tuesday the 15th. Don't forget to start thinking of a creative campaign to get the most votes!
· There is a rehearsal tonight after school in the music room, 106, for students who would like to help sing and play music for the first school mass. The rehearsal will run until 4pm.
· The music department is beginning their regular rehearsals this week after school. The choir meets on Tuesdays, Jazz Band on Wednesdays and Concert Band on Thursdays. All rehearsals are in the music room, 106, and run until 4pm. Everyone is welcome, especially new members. See Mrs. Brunet in room 106 if you need more information.
· Today is the last day to sign up for this year's tennis team. Please see Mr. Carosella in the science prep room, next to room 228, during either lunch for details. Thanks to all those players who have already expressed an interest. The team divisions will be completed by Wed. and the WECSSAA tournament will be on Oct. 7.
· Any students interested in volunteering to help organize this years blood drive, please see Ms. Russo in room 224 today.
· If you participated in last years science olympiad please see Ms. Russo in room 224 today.
· Tryouts for the Junior Boys Volleyball team will be tonight at 5:30pm and tomorrow at 2:30pm in the gym. Tryouts are open to all boys in grade 9 and 10.
· The Essex Rotary Club is looking for student volunteers to help with a community cooking event on Hylander Farms in Maidstone for Sunday, Sept. 20, from 7am until noon. Students will be helping with serving food and clearing tables. Students must provide their own transportation to the farm. Breakfast and lunch are provided and 6 hours of community service will be granted. There will be a sign-up list on Mrs. Hyland's door, Room 236, with details listed.
· All those who signed up for Villy golf is reminded that there will be tryouts this Tuesday and Thursday at Fox Glenn golf course. You must bring $18 for green fees and be there no later then 2:45pm. If you have any questions see Mr Pascot or Mr Brunone. See you there.
· If any grade 11's interested in the arts and culture high skills majore, please see Ms. Bastien in room 113 for details of eligability. There is still time to sign up for this school year.