Announcements September 16, 2015
· House Youth Centre meetings for grades 10 & 12 begin tonight at 7:30 p.m. doors open at 3 p.m. New members are always welcome. We are located at 247 Brock Street, Amherstburg, On.
· The music department is beginning their regular rehearsals this week after school. Jazz Band is tonight and Concert Band is tomorrow after school. All rehearsals are in the music room, 106, and run until 4pm. Everyone is welcome, especially new members. See Mrs. Brunet in room 106 if you need more information.
· Tryouts will continue tonight for the Jr Boys Volleyball team. Any interested grade 9 or 10 boys should come out at 2:30pm.
· The junior girls basketball team will have their next try-out tonight at 3:30pm. They are to meet in the gym hallway.
· Mrs. Hyland would like to invite staff and students and your families to Breakfast on the Farm at her family farm at the corner of Manning Road and County Road 8 this coming Sunday morning. The event is coordinated by Farm & Food Care Ontario and provides a unique opportunity for farmers and non‐farming Ontarians to have a conversation about food and farming. It gives you the chance to tour a farm and educate yourself about where your food comes from. Various information booths will be set up to provide information about the agriculture industry and representatives from the University of Guelph and Ridgetown College will be on hand for those of you who may be considering that pathway. You will also be provided with a FREE breakfast - yes, FREE - consisting of pancakes, eggs and sausage if you pre-register for it at www.farmfoodcare.org before Thursday, Sept 17 (that's tomorrow!). More details can be found on the door of Room 236. Breakfast is served between 9 and 11:30am. The event runs until 1 pm. Hope to see you there!
· A reminder that cross-country practices continue this week after school. Please meet in the atrium (front stairs of the school) at 2:30. A special call goes out to grade 9's and 10's.
· Any students interested in volunteering for the Run for Heroes race this Sunday in Amherstburg be sure to bring the volunteer form that the leadership students gave out in 4th period yesterday. If you are interested but did not receive a form please see Mr. Strong in room 101 at the beginning of 2nd or 4th period.