Announcements October 22, 2015
· Lifetouch Photography will be back on Monday October 26th for those students who missed having their photo taken. If you wish to purchase a package, please bring your payment on retake day. For students who have lost their student cards the replacement cost is $5.00. Students requiring a retake on their photo package must return their photo package to the photographer on Monday.
· Girls hockey tryouts begin Wednesday October 28th at 3:15 in Amherstburg - Libro Center arena. It is open to all girls in grades 9-12. Please sign up on the sheet posted on the door of Rm 219.
· Attention all students. Villanova's Get your Glow on Homecoming Dance is this Friday, October 23rd. in the gym from 7:00-11:00. Advance tickets are $5.00 and will be on sale in the cafeteria on Thursday and Friday. Tickets bought at the door are $7.00. This dance is only for Villanova students.
· Attention Swim Team: Team Wecssaa forms are due. Bring them to 202 ASAP. If your forms are not in, you will not be swimmng this year on the team. We need numbers to finalize costs and practice schedules. Everyone should be signed up for Remind as well.
· Attention Costa Rica Travellers
Anyone interested in raising money for their trip through the letter-writing campaign, there will be a meeting on Monday at the beginning of both lunches in the LCC Lab.
· Do you like being challenged and to solve problems? Are you looking for something to do at lunch which involves numbers? If you are, then come to room 233 today during either lunch and join the Math Club. Bring your lunch and your problem solving skills with you.
- Students going on the Performing Arts New York trip must see Ms. Grado this week for information.
· Little Shop call back sheet will be posted today at the beginning of first lunch.
· The VILLAIN is polio and you can be a SUPERHERO simply by purchasing pizza for dinner this Friday!
· In honour of World Polio Day, six pizza parlours in the town of Essex are donating a portion of all their pizza sales this Friday, October 23 to help with Rotary International's fight to eradicate polio world wide. To date, there are under 50 cases of polio left in only two countries so we are very close to making history in eliminating this debilitating disease. Help eradicate polio and be a part of history this Friday at any pizza parlour in the town of Essex and be a SUPERHERO!
· Boys' hockey try-outs resume at 3:00 today at the Vollmer. Bring $10 and a white and dark jersey. Also, athletes currently playing football or volleyball - be sure to sign the late try-out sheet outside of room 231 to reserve your spot.
There will also be another opportunity for those who did not purchase a spirit pass this week to got to the football game at 1:00. You may purchase a football ticket for $2.00 during lunch Friday. The ticket must be signed and you must attend period 4 for attendance where you will present your ticket. It also promises to be cool so dress appropriately.
· Girls hockey tryouts will now begin Monday Nov. 2nd at 3:15 in Amherstburg - Libro Center arena. There is no longer a tryout on November 28th. It is open to all girls in grades 9-12. Please sign up on the sheet posted on the door of Rm 219.