Announcements December 11, 2015
· Last night the Junior Girls found their way out of the fog and played a solid three games beating the Knights from Holy Names in all three games. Once again great passing from Nicole Pignanelli lead the way. Serving up a tough ball was Meaghan Trotter and consistent hits from Bre Vasko finished the play. Practice today at 2:30.
· Attention all choir, concert band and jazz band members. There is a dress rehearsal after school on Monday for the concert Tuesday night.
· Last night the sr girls volleyball team took it on the chin and lost 3 sets to 0 to Holy Names., The scores were 16-25, 16-25, and 19-25. Nothing good can be said about our level of play, nor can anything be said about trying our best. We just lost, not to a better team, but by giving up on ourselves.
· If you happen to see a Villanova Curler, congratulate them on a very exciting 'B' league season. Our very own Wildcats were the "Team to watch out for" according to the many parents, coaches and specators that attended each game. Although our teams did not make it to the final playoffs, we did place in a close 5th overall. Not too bad for a team that never played as a team before or knew they had talent. Not too bad for a team that went toe-to-toe against teams that have played together for years and yet were challenged and afraid of Villanova's very own. Great season curlers. 'A' league begins in Jan and our Bonspiel is Wed
· There will be a meeting on Tuesday December 15th for anyone interested in submitting their writing for the OECTA Young Authors Awards. The meeting will be held in room 214 from 2:30-3:15. This writing contest is open to all students at the school, and it includes categories of fiction, non-fiction, script writing, and poetry. If you are interested but cannot make the meeting, please see Mr. Hamelin in room 214 for more information.
· Friday December 11th, students from Ms. Wilder's grade 12 businees leadership class will be having a bake sale. All baked goods will be from 1.00-2.00. All proceeds will be going towards the Downtown Mission of Windsor. Please come help and support. It will be taking place in the atrium on both lunches. yum!
· All first period classes that are interested in participating in Student Parliament's annual gingerbread house contest on Thursday, December 17th, must pay Mrs. Curran $10 by Tuesday, December 15th. Each participating class will be provided with the crackers and icing, but if you wish to be more decorative you can bring in your own candy!