Announcements January 15, 2016
· Those traveling to New York with Ms. Grado and Mrs. Brunet must bring in their next deposit by Tuesday February 19th.
· Last night the Sr girls volleyball team defeated the Massey Mustangs 2 sets to 1 by the scores of 18-25, 25-20, 25-18. After losing the first set, the sr Wildcats came out strong and determined to be victorious. Making sure that was going to happen was Madison Trotter who served extremely well and distributed the ball to all of our hitters. Coming up big, again, was Madison Laramie who had 10 kills for the match. Gina Peters also scored key points both on her serve and on her consistent hits out of middle and right side. Defensively, Natalie Liolli dug up some strong attacks from the big Mustang hitters. Congratulations to all of the Sr Wildcat squad, looks like we're still holding on to second place with 19 wins and 5 losses.
· Last night the Junior Girls struggled against the Mustangs of Massey losing the match 2 sets to 1. Excellent play by the bench led to the victory in game 3. Watch out starters some players are coming after your spots.
· For the first time in school history, the boys' hockey team faced Tecumseh Vista. In a nail-biter, the boys hung on for the 8-1 win. Goal-scorers were: Jake Rosa, Quinn Fazekas, Jake Menard, Ernie Godden and Tyler Jamieson with two, and grade nine Jake Cruikshank with his first Villanova goal.
· Last night the Jr. Boys basketball improved to 4 and 4 this season with a 65-21 win over the Leamington Lions. The boys were led offensively by Colton Vetor who had 13 in the first half. A strong game defensively was played all. Special mention goes to Brett MacDougall and Ben Diab. The boys head to Massey this afternoon for the annual Mustang Classic. Wish them luck.
· A stellar performance by Kristen Swiatoschik was wasted as the Villy ladies hockey team dropped their first decision in 20 games, 1-0 to St. Anne’s. Swiatoschik was particularly outstanding in the early stages of the game keeping the ‘Wildcats in the game until they could rebound and mount an offensive. Next up for the Ladies is the Heritage classic Tuesday night at Lansberry Park versus Holy Names.