Announcements February 29, 2016
· The results are in! This year we have four swimmers who have qualified for OFSSA! We are very proud of ALL the swimmers who competed at SWOSSA but especially Rachel Rode, Devlin Khuktha, Connor Rogan and Billy Grebe who qualified for OFSSA which takes place next week. Well done!
· There is a choir rehearsal Tuesday after school, jazz band on Wednesday and concert band on Thursday. All practices will run until 4pm.
· Attention all boys interested in trying out for the baseball team. The first try out is Tuesday, March 1st at 4pm in the gym. Please bring your glove, hat and clean shoes
· Senior boys soccer try outs continue today in the gym at 4 pm.
· The Outdoor Rec club is sponsoring a 3 day outdoor adventure trip to Tobemory on May 5-7th. The trip will include hiking, caving, glass bottom boat tours of some of the best preserved shipwrecks on the Great Lakes, and some of the most spectacular views from the top of the northern tip of the Niagara Escarpment. This trip is open to all Villanova students!!! Forms and trip Itinerary can be picked up from Mr. Paling in Rm 136. There are only 25 spots available on a first come, first served basis.
· Attention Badminton players : Practice today is from 2:30 until 4:00 for the Junior Badminton team. Both Senior & Junior teams have been posted outside the phys. ed. office as well as the practice schedule. Would the following players please report to the phys. ed. office at this time :
· Attention all girls who are trying out for the Sr. Girls soccer team. There's been a change to the tryout schedule. The first tryout will now be held tomorrow from 5:30-7:00 in the Villanova gym. Please bring your own soccer ball. Please check the door of prep room 3 on the 2nd floor for the complete tryout schedule.
· Also, if you haven't signed up for the tryouts yet, please see Mr. Corazza in room 218 immediately following these announcements.
· Attention all Grade 12 students: There will be a Prom Committee Meeting on Wednesday, March 2nd after school in Rm 210.
· There will be a robotics meeting after school today. Loose ends to tie up. See you there.
Mr. Scott and Mrs Greenwood
· Any students taking grade 12 chemistry or have completed grade 12 chemistry and are interested in participating the annual Chem13 News exam, please sign up on the sheet outside of room 228 (living Lab) The exam will be written on Thursday may 12, in room 228 during period one. Thank you Mr. C