Announcements March 22 , 2016
· The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test will be written on Thursday, March 31st. This test will take place over 1 day. A list of names has been posted on the glass in the main office for those students who will be writing the test on this day. We ask that students check this list for accuracy. If your name is missing from the list, or is on the list but shouldn=t be, please notify Mrs. Rosati in the main office by the end of day today. Please note that your legal name is displayed and not your preferred name. Students who are eligible to write the literacy test on Thursday, March 31st are those students who:
$ Entered Grade 9 in the 2014 - 2015 school year or . . .
$ Currently a grade 10 student or . . .
$ New to Ontario or . . .
$ Previously unsuccessful in passing the Literacy Test.
$ On the posted list, you will find your assigned writing location. It is important that you are aware of your assigned writing location and that you report directly to that location on the morning of the test.
· Attention Grade 10 and 11 Students:
The Military Cooperative Education program may be available to you this Fall.
· This paid co-op program will offer you:
-4 high school credits
-$45.15 per day pay
-Mileage reimbursement if you live more than 14 km from the Armories
-A guaranteed job in Canada’s Army Reserve after your placement, and more
· The Aim of this program is to introduce you to the diverse career opportunities in the Canadian Armed Forces while providing a challenging and rewarding experience that will benefit you for years to come. Limited seats are available.
· Recruiters will be at your schools in early April to provide an information session to discuss particulars of this program. If you may be interested in this opportunity, please see your Co-op teacher to sign up for the information session.
· Any grade 11 chemistry student, including those from first semester, interested in writing the University of Waterloo's Avogadro chemistry exam, please see Mr. Carosella for details.
· The first tryout for the Jr. Girls Soccer team will take place tomorrow, in our gym, from 4:00-5:30. If you haven't already signed up for the tryouts please see Mr. Corazza in room 218 immediately following these announcements.
· The final tryout for the Sr. Girls Soccer team will take place today after school, from 2:30-4:00, outside. Please see Mr. Corazza in room 218 if you are unable to attend.
· Important announcement from student council. Attention grade twelve’s, senior shirts will be on sale today until the end of March. There are 2 designs to choose from-costing $17 and $21. You may wear your shirts for the month of June. Find your size and place your order on either lunch outside of the caf.
- Junior Badminton practice is today at 2:30. Please see Ms. Micelli if you are not able to attend today's practice. Would the following students please report to the phys.ed. office at this time :
- Sarah Altenhof
- Patrick Jacques
- Jake Menard
· Micayla Deneau
· All students travelling to New York with Mrs. Brunet, Ms. Grado or Mr. Janisse must see Ms. Grado in room 112 today. It is mandatory you see her
- Just a reminder to all living lab members, All tickets and monies are required before the pasta dinner on Wednesday.
Therefore all must be in ASAP!!!!
· Attention all grade 9 and 10 girls who are interested in playing in the junior hockey tournament on April 12 and 13th- there is a signup sheet on the door of room 219.
· Any students interested in attending a presentation by the University of Windsor English Department about their Editing and Publishing Practicum is asked to contact Mr. Hamelin in room 214. This presentation will feature university students who spent the year preparing books for publication. If you are interested in English or writing, you are sure to find this presentation worthwhile. The presentation will take place on Wednesday March 30th during period 2. You must sign up with Mr. Hamelin in order to attend.