Announcements March 23, 2016
· Attention Grade 10 and 11 Students:
The Military Cooperative Education program may be available to you this Fall.
· This paid co-op program will offer you:
-4 high school credits
-$45.15 per day pay
-Mileage reimbursement if you live more than 14 km from the Armories
-A guaranteed job in Canada’s Army Reserve after your placement, and more
· The Aim of this program is to introduce you to the diverse career opportunities in the Canadian Armed Forces while providing a challenging and rewarding experience that will benefit you for years to come. Limited seats are available.
· Recruiters will be at your schools in early April to provide an information session to discuss particulars of this program. If you may be interested in this opportunity, please see your Co-op teacher to sign up for the information session.
- The first tryout for the Jr. Girls Soccer team is today from 4:00-5:30 in our gym. Please bring your own balls. If you haven't signed up yet for the tryouts please see Mr. Corazza in room 218 immediately following these announcements.
· Senior boy’s soccer practice is tomorrow at 5:30 pm in the gym. Thanks.
· Important announcement from student council. Attention grade twelve’s, senior shirts will be on sale today until the end of March. There are 2 designs to choose from-costing $17 and $21. You may wear your shirts for the month of June. Find your size and place your order on either lunch outside of the caf.
- Junior & Senior badminton practice today at 2:30. Make sure you see Ms. Micelli if you are unable to attend. Would the following students please report to the phys. ed. office at this time:
- The LCC will be closed Periods 3 and 4 on Wednesday March 23rd for the Life Skills Easter Party.
· Attention all students, registration are now open for summer elearning courses.
· The following courses are available;
· Career Civics
· Grade 11 & 12 University English
· Grade 11 & 12 University Religion
· Grade 12 University Change, Challenge & Society
Please see your guidance counselor to register.
· Attention all grade 9 and 10 girls who are interested in playing in the junior hockey tournament on April 12 and 13th- there is a signup sheet on the door of room 219.
· Any semester 1 grade 11 science students interested in visiting the Ontario Science Centre on April 21st, please see Mrs. Russo or Mr. Carosella for details. There are only 10 more seats available.
· Any grade 11 chemistry student, including those from first semester, interested in writing the University of Waterloo's Avogadro chemistry exam, please see Mr. Carosella for details.