Announcements March 21 , 2016
· The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test will be written on Thursday, March 31st. This test will take place over 1 day. A list of names has been posted on the glass in the main office for those students who will be writing the test on this day. We ask that students check this list for accuracy. If your name is missing from the list, or is on the list but shouldn=t be, please notify Mrs. Rosati in the main office by the end of day tomorrow. Please note that your legal name is displayed and not your preferred name. Students who are eligible to write the literacy test on Thursday, March 31st are those students who:
$ Entered Grade 9 in the 2014 - 2015 school year or . . .
$ Currently a grade 10 student or . . .
$ New to Ontario or . . .
$ Previously unsuccessful in passing the Literacy Test.
$ On the posted list, you will find your assigned writing location. It is important that you are aware of your assigned writing location and that you report directly to that location on the morning of the test.
· Attention Grade 10 and 11 Students:
The Military Cooperative Education program may be available to you this Fall.
· This paid co-op program will offer you:
-4 high school credits
-$45.15 per day pay
-Mileage reimbursement if you live more than 14 km from the Armories
-A guaranteed job in Canada’s Army Reserve after your placement, and more
· The Aim of this program is to introduce you to the diverse career opportunities in the Canadian Armed Forces while providing a challenging and rewarding experience that will benefit you for years to come. Limited seats are available.
· Recruiters will be at your schools in early April to provide an information session to discuss particulars of this program. If you may be interested in this opportunity, please see your Co-op teacher to sign up for the information session.
· Senior Badminton practice today from 2:30 to 4:00. Junior practice tomorrow.
· All girls who will be trying out for the Junior Girls Soccer team are to report to room 218 immediately following these announcements. Again, all girls trying out for the Jr. Girls soccer team are to report to room 218 immediately following these announcements.
· Attention all girls trying out for the Sr. Girls Soccer team: the final tryout will take place tomorrow outside from 2:30-4:00. Please let Mr. Corazza know if you will be unable to attend.
· Reminder that tryouts continue for all boys baseball players at 5:30 pm tonight.
· Senior boys soccer practice this week is today at 4 pm in the gym and Thursday at 5:30 pm.
· Junior Boys Soccer
Attention all boys in grade 9 and 10 who are interested in trying out for this year’s Junior Boys Soccer Team - we will have a sign up and meeting tomorrow morning Tuesday March 22nd at 8am sharp. - all interested players are to meet in the gym. Please see Mr. Crep personally if you are unable to attend this meeting.
· This is to all the students who travelled to Europe with the school. We are all proud to have you as ambassadors for our school. Your model behaviors, curiosity for new experiences and extended acts of kindness made this trip memorable. Thank you for an excellent trip! Mrs. Voegeli and Ms. Bastien
· Attention Jr Boys' hockey players. There is a try-out 3:00 tomorrow at the Vollmer. Bring $10- and a light an dark jersey
· Hey Villanova, The Wired Cats need your help. The Robotics team is collecting lego to donate to a local school in Costa Rica. If you have any old or unwanted lego please bring to to Ms. Greenwood's room - 210. Thank-you!