Announcements May 20, 2016
· Potential Graduates. We have posted the graduation composite on the glass in the main office. We ask that all potential graduates verify that their name is spelled correctly, that the name and face are matched correctly and that if names are to be added or removed from the composite that the office staff is informed immediately. Students will have until 2:15 on Tuesday, May 24th to complete this. Changes after this date will not be possible. Only those students who have had their graduation photograph taken by Lifetouch Studios by the deadline will have their photograph on the graduation composite.
· Miracle league of Amherstburg is looking for volunteers. This is a baseball league for persons with special needs. As a volunteer you would be a buddy to help players on the field. They play two 8 week seasons in the spring and fall. It is every Saturday from 10-4 at the small baseball diamond near the Libro centre in Amherstburg. Check the website or face book page or find student Joshua Damico. Thanks.
· Prom Contracts are now available in the main office. You must have your signed contract and guest pass - if needed - before you can purchase a ticket. You also must have completed your 40 hours of community service and have no outstanding activity fees. Prom tickets will go on sale Wednesday, May 25th during both lunches in the atrium. Tickets are $70.00.
· The girl’s softball team continued their impressive play with a 9-3 victory over Kingsville. Great defense and solid hitting was the key to success in their win. The girls are first in their division with a perfect 8-0 record! Keep up the hard work!!
· This is a reminder that the Essex Rotary Club is looking for volunteers to help out at Windsor's Art in the Park at Willistead Park. The dates are the first weekend in June - Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5. All volunteers will be provided with lunch or supper and free entry into the event. Shifts are 5 hours in length. The sign-up sheets and further details regarding proper attire and location will be on the Prep 2 door or just outside Mrs. Hyland's class on the Room 236 door. See Mrs. Hyland if you have any questions.
· Erica Fryer, Alexa Pandolfi, and Savannah Marra.... please pick up your track jackets in room 111 sometime today?
· Over the past 2 days, members of Villanova's track and field team have been competing at the SWOSSAA Track and Field Championships, competing for an opportunity to advance on to OFSAA. We now have a total of 15 athletes competing in 17 individual events and 2 relays.Shaun Acrey was our 1st qualifier, finishing 4th overall in the Steeplechase event. Mandy Brunet was a triple qualifier in the long jump, triple jump and 80 meter hurdles events. Tatiana Kincinic was a double qualifier in both her short distance and middle distance hurdle events.Sam Crispo and Chloe Gignac were also double qualifiers both in the 100 meter and 200m sprints. Other indivual qualifiers were Aryana Cirino, in the 200m; Chantal Kelly in the Javelin, Brooke Meloche in the 100m, Justin Susko in the 3000m, and Connor Sloan in the 800m. Our midget Boys relay team of Frank Guarasci, Joe Deluca, Matt Burrows and Kodi McCrate and Junior Girls team of Tatiana, Chloe, Mandy and Jalyn Cirino also both move on to next week’s OFSAA regional’s meet in Cambridge. Congratulations to all qualifiers and to all those who competed!! There is practice tonight for both relay teams.
· The Jr. Girls soccer team won their quarterfinal game vs. Tecumseh Vista yesterday. Goal scorers were Megan Gervais, Christina Liburdi, and Sarah Hearn. The semi finals will take place on our home field on Tuesday.