Announcements May 17, 2016
· ThIs is a reminder that the Essex Rotary Club is looking for volunteers to help out at Windsor's Art in the Park at Willistead Park. The dates are the first weekend in June - Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5. All volunteers will be provided with lunch or supper and free entry into the event. Shifts are 5 hours in length. The sign-up sheets and further details regarding proper attire and location will be on the Prep 2 door or just outside Mrs. Hyland's class on the Room 236 door. See Mrs. Hyland if you have any questions.
· This is a reminder to those students writing the University of Waterloo's grade 11 Avogadro Chemistry Exam with Mr. Carosella. Please be in room 224 at the beginning of period 2 on Thursday, May 19 with the necessary materials needed to write the exam.
· The Junior boys soccer team finished the regular season with an overall record of 6 wins 2 ties and no losses which was good enough for second place among 15 teams. Yesterday’s tournament results were (3-0 victory over St Joes, 1-0 victory over L'Essor , 0-0 tie with Massey, 1-1 ties with St Annes). The team has only conceded 1 goal in 8 games and scored 16 but will need to improve offensive output in the playoffs. We will now advance to the quarterfinals. Practice on Wednesday at 4pm
· The boy’s baseball team won 2 games and lost one in the first day of the WECSSAA tournament. In the first game they beat Harrow 12 to 1. The scored enough runs to win the second game against Sandwich, but the ball was flying out of park leaving the Wildcats on the losing end of a 19 to 8 score. The third game of the day featured an outstanding pitching performance by Brendan Renaud as the boys beat General Amherst 3 to 1. They are now in the semi finals and play a must-win game against St. Anne’s today. Go get them Widcats!!!
- Those students who have signed up for the blood drive should have received a pass from their homeroom teacher. Those students on spare will find their pass in the attendance office. Please bring your photo ID when you come to donate. If you are at least 17 years old and wish to sign up for the OneMatch program ask your teacher's permission to go to the gym. You do not need a pass to sign up for the OneMatch program.