Announcements September 12 , 2016
· Attention all students. This is a reminder that Lifetouch School Photography will be here to take pictures on Thursday, September 15th. Please bring your completed order form and payment to the photographer on Picture Day. These photos will be used for your Student Card and Yearbook. If you have lost your order form, you can pick up another one in the attendance office.
· This past weekend the Sr. Girls basketball team competed in the Great Lakes classic basketball tournament. Despite some strong play, the team got off to a rough start and dropped the first game by the score 52-28 to Wallaceburg. On Saturady the team played much more controlled but lost to St. Thomas Aquanis by 12, but in their final game beat Eastern by the score of 56 - 22. Great job ladies. Practice tonight is at 2:30.
· All sr boys football players must meet with Mrs coste in rm 133 right now.
· Attention all students. The Villanova Youth Troop will be holding its first meeting this week. Youth Troop is affiliated with the Canadian Cancer Society and our members work to raise awareness among the student body about issues related to cancer as well as to hold fundraisers to support cancer research. We raise awareness and money through various fun and interesting activites throughout the year. We look forward to welcoming new members to our troop this year, so all those who are interested should come to the meeting in room 221 after school tomorrow. If you have any questions, please see Alana Sauve or Ms. Nolan.
· Tonight is the first practice for junior concert band. Meet in room 106 afterschool.
· The Villanova WiredCats Robotics team is now accepting new members; please see Ms. Greenwood in room 210 for the registration form to become a member of this exciting team!
· Any student interested in the Best Buddies program here at Villanova can attend an information session held during homeroom today in the LCC. Best Buddies pairs students with the students in the Life Skills program for social opportunities. We welcome all students to participate. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Ducharme at her office near Room 115.
· Looking for volunteer hours? Essex Rotary is looking for student volunteers to help with elementary school cooking events on Sept 21, Sept 28, and Sept 29 in the evening. Volunteers will be required to serve food to parents and students and help with clean up. Please see Mrs. Hyland in Prep 2 or Room 232 if you are interested.
· Students in grades 11 and 12 who are actively involved in our arts and taking or planning to take coop could be candidates for the Arts and Culture High Skills Major. If anyone is interested in discussing this possibilty and to hear about this special program, please see Ms. Bastien in room 113 (the art room).
· To all members of the Junior Girls basketball team, tonight's practice will be from 3:30-5:30pm. Please meet in the gym hallway.
· Reminder to all students trying out for the golf team , report to Fox Glenn for 2:45 tee off times. See you there.