Announcements September 14 , 2016
· Attention all students. This is a reminder that Lifetouch School Photography will be here tomorrow to take pictures. Please bring your completed order form and payment to the photographer when you are photographed tomorrow. These photos will be used for your Student Card and Yearbook. If you have lost your order form, please be sure to pick one up from the attendance office today.
· Meetings at the House Youth Center begin this week! Grades 9 and 11 meetings are on Tuesday’s at 7:30 pm and Grade 10 and 12 meetings begin tonight, Wednesday at 7:30. Doors open at 3 pm so please feel free to come and hang out. New members always welcome!
· Attention all students, this is an important message regarding the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test. Any student who started high school in September 2015, or who are currently in grade 10, new to Ontario, or were previously unsuccessful in passing the test will participate in writing the test on Thursday, October 20. The successful completion of the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test is a diploma requirement. An alphabetical listing of those students writing the test has been posted on the glass outside of the Learning Commons Centre. Students are asked to look at this list by Monday, September 19th to see if they are eligible to write. We ask students to notify Mrs. Rosati in the main office by the end of day on Monday, September 19th if their name is missing from the list or if their name should be removed from the list as we need to upload the names to the Ministry
· From the living lab: The official end of summer is Sept 22, but for school purposes, summer is done, even for the animals!!! If you had an animal for the summer, please return it ASAP!!!!! Thank you Living Lab
· Students on Period 1 Study Hall. You can pick up your yearbook from the main office. All other students who have paid their 2015 - 2016 Activity Fee should have received their yearbook during Period 1 this morning.
· Tennis players are reminded of practice after school today until 4pm at the courts on Middle Side road near the fire station.
· Essex Rotary is looking for student volunteers to help with cooking events on Sept 21, Sept 28, and Sept 29. The sign-up sheet has details and is posted on the door of Prep 2. Deadline for sign-up is Friday. Please see Mrs. Hyland in Prep 2 or Room 232 if you have questions.
· The WiredCats Robotics team will be having their first meeting of the season Thursday, right after school in room 210. The Robotics team welcomes new members from all grades; if you want to know what this exciting team is all about, come on out to Thursday's meeting and meet the team!
· A reminder that cross country practices continue today and tomorrow after school. Meet in the atrium at 2:30. New runners are still welcome.
· The Sr. girls basketball team members are to meet in the atrium at 3:30 today before practice.
· Tonight is the first rehearsal for jazz band. Meet in room 106 after school. New members are welcome.
· South County high school prep is a way for high school aged girls to improve their volleyball skills before the high school season begins. This program is designed for the non travel player to get additional coaching and training before high school tryouts take place in November. All interested girls should see Mrs. La Porta in the phys-ed office for details on time, cost and location. Don't miss this great opportunity!
· Attention all grade 10, 11 and 12 students new to Villanova, if you are interested in playing any WECSSAA sports this year please listen. You must pick up an fill out an eligibility form. This is your last call to get an eligibility sheet from Mrs. La Porta in the phys-ed office.
· Attention Europe travellers, there will be a brief meeting this Thursday, Sept. 15th at 8:00a.m. in the art room. (room 113) From Ms. Bastien and Mrs. Voegeli