Announcements September 9 , 2016
· Attention all new Villanova transfer students in gr 10, 11 or 12. if you are interested in playing sports as a wildcat this year please pick up an eligibility form from the phys-ed office if you have not done so already. Those who have already picked one up please return it to Mrs. Laporta in phys-ed today or Monday the latest. If you do not fill one out you may not be able to participate in any wecssaa sports.
· Hey Junior Wildcats, Student Council hopes you had an amazing first week at Villanova because it’s time to make your second one even better … Grade 9 frosh week is approaching quickly. The excitement begins Monday so rest up and make sure to bring all the spirit you have! Monday’s theme will be Boys vs. Girls (Color War). Male and female students will compete to see who has the most spirit by wearing a designated colored shirt with uniform bottoms. Girls have been chosen to wear black and blue has been selected for the boys. Thank you and have a great weekend Villanova!
· All students who signed up for the golf team are reminded that tryouts begin Monday after school at Fox Glen golf course. Make sure to be there for 2:45 as tee off times will begin at 3:00 sharp. Don't forget to bring your money for green fees. See you there.
· The music department will be beginning their new season next week. If you play an instrument or love to sing there is a group for you. Monday is Junior Concert band, Tuesday is choir, Wednesday is jazz band, and Thursday is Senior Concert band. All rehearsals are in room 106 and run until 4pm. There is a sign up list and information posted on the door. Or you can ask Mrs. Brunet for more information.
· Tennis practice will be on Wednesday next week; players should see Mr. Carosella for details.
· The Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) will be having its first meeting of the year today on first lunch. The GSA is place for students to have lunch, socialize and talk about equity and diversity issues in a safe environment. New members are welcome! We will meet this Friday on first lunch in Room 202. Bring your lunch!
· Today in the Nova Villa Cafe we are selling water and juice boxes for $1 each. Stay cool and beat the heat!
· Are you looking for volunteer opportunities? Do you have an interest in hockey? Please see Mr. Talerico at some point throughout the day for more information about this great opportunity to earn your hours.
· Sr boys have practice again tonight, on the field at 2:30 sharp!
· A reminder to all students that cross country practices continue today after school. Please meet in the atrium at 2:30. Practices continue next week. Once again, a special call goes out to grade 9's to come and join the team.