Announcements October 14, 2016
· There is still an opportunity for community service hours, today after school and tomorrow during the afternoon, here at Villanova, as the school plays host to an international irish dance competition. If you're interested, see Mr. Paling in rm 136
- If you are interested in learning how to run sound and light light technology in the auditorium there will be a sound and tech club meeting afterschool in room 105.
See Mrs. Brunet in the music room if you need more information.
· The GSA meets today on both first and second lunch. Lunch 1 is in 202 and Lunch 2 in 104. See you there.
· Your wildcat girl’s golf team competed at Roseland golf course over the past two days. Sophia Fallea, Olivia Morasutti and Kate Latella all had respectable showings with Olivia Morasutti making the cut and were in the first flight. Sophia Fallea and Kate Latella were in the second flight where Sophia Fallea captured second place. Once again Villanova rises to the occasion. The girls are setting their sights for next year’s OFSAA in NORTH BAY.
· Yesterday, the Jr. Boys Volleyball defeated Assumption 2 games to 1. Strong play from Colton Vetor, Josh Evans, Dominic Lewczyk and Donovan DiMarco lead the team to victory a long with strong serving and setting from Alec Boucher.
- Last night your Sr Boys football team took on Brennan and brought home the "W" with a score of 36-14.
Abe Gaffaz ran in 1 TD, Zach Coste ran 2 TD's (one of which was on punt return), and Mitch Mehenka threw for 2 TD's with Avery Grondin on the receiving end of both.
Avery Grondin's rocket kicked for a field goal and 3 extra pts.
Brennan didn't see some of our boys on the fly which brought down their QB 5 times with sacs, Abe Gaffaz got 2, Jacob Savony got 1, and Zach Coste got 2.
Avery Gordin and Riley Beauchamp each snagged an interception.
The boys proudly wore their PINK in support of Breast cancer survivors. Bracelets are still available on both lunches today or from Mrs. Coste in Rm 133.
Mark your calendars for next Friday October 26th as the boys play on our backfield for HOMECOMING against Massey @ 3pm.