Announcements October 5, 2016
· Students, Lifetouch Photography will be back tomorrow for those students who missed having their photo taken. If you wish to purchase a package, please bring your payment on photo retake day. For students who have lost their student card, the replacement cost is $5.00. Students requiring a retake on their photo package must return their photo package to the photographer.
· There will be a DECA meeting right after school tonight, Wednesday, October 5th. in room 209. DECA is a business club where you will practice key leadership skills such as goal setting, consensus building and project management.
· It helps prepare you for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship. You will participate in group case study presentations as well as learn key business concepts. All grades are welcome.
· Last night the Sr. girls basketball team improved to 2 and 1 with a 14 point win over Sandwich. The girls raced out to a 25-8 lead and won handily. Great job girls. The girls play Essex in our gym tomorrow at 4pm.
· Hey Villanova? Do you want to support a good cause and eat a yummy pretzel? Bring a toonie this Friday and help support education for women in Africa. Pretzels will be sold on both lunches in front of the cafeteria this Friday. Thanks for your support.
· Attention all students and staff. Villanova Youth Troop members will be in the cafeteria on both lunches today and tomorrow to promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month by making pink ribbons available to help you show your support for this worthy cause. Please make a donation and wear a ribbon to show your support for those who have fought, and who continue to fight, this disease. All donations are welcome.
· Congratulations to the members of the tennis team who played in yesterday's WECSSAA tournament. All players gave their best with several narrowly missing advancing to the finals. The top finishers in their divisions who will be advancing to the finals are: Natalia Glaz-girls' singles; Abby Berrends and Sara Casoni-girls' doubles; Alexa Piccolo-girls' singles; and Alex Aversa and Dylan Smith-boys' doubles. Good luck next week.
· Last night, the senior boy’s volleyball team continued their winning ways by defeating the Brennan Cardinals 3 sets to 0. The Wildcats have not lost a set since the season opener back in September. Special recognition goes out to Jordan Gaudette with 7 kills and Matt Veselenovic with 5 kills. Keep up the great work and best of luck this Thursday when the Wildcats travel to Essex.
· Attention GSA members: This week's GSA meetings will be THURSDAY instead of Friday. We will be having TWO meetings again. First lunch people please go to 202 on YOUR lunch and Second lunch people go to room 104 on YOUR lunch. New members are ALWAYS welcome.
· Anyone interested in being part of Villanova's swim, please sign up by the gym hallway. There will be a meeting this Friday during homeroom in the atrium to meet your coach.
- On Thursday, October 13th we are having our annual Student-Teacher Basketball Game to raise money for charity. The game will take place during Period 4. Students must bring in $10.00 to their Period 1 class by Thursday October 13th where they will be given a pass that allows them to dress down on the 13th and to attend the game after they have gone to period 4 for attendance.
- Students with a minimum of $20.00 in pledges will be allowed to also dress down on the last 3 days of school before Christmas Break - Wednesday, December 21, Thursday December 22 and Friday, Dec 23rd. The top collector in the school will win a Big Screen TV. Pledge forms will be distributed to all students during Period 1 this Thursday. Students on First Spare can pick up forms in the Attendance Office. Students on Period 1 Study Hall. Please come to the main office now to pick up your progress report as you will need it to bring with you to your other classes for completion throughout the day.
- Students on Period 1 Study Hall. Please come to the main office now to pick up your progress report as you will need it to bring with you to your other classes for completion throughout the day.