ANNOUNCEMENTS May 26, 2017
· Potential Graduates, the graduation composites have arrived and are ready for pick up. If you have ordered and paid for a composite, you may pick it up from the main office until the end of day today. We ask that students do this before or after school or during their lunch.
· Attention all Grade 12 Students:
Valedictorian Nomination forms are now available at the Main Office. Please feel free to get one on your free time to nominate a peer, for the privilege of acting as Valedictorian for this year’s graduating class. The nomination forms are due May 29th by the end of the day.
· Congratulations to all who participated in the talent show last night. The show was amazing and all of your gifts were extraordinary. It was a hard choice for all of the judges last night. The teachers who have seats in today's day show are to report to the auditorium after taking attendance. Please sit in your assigned seats with your class.
· Attention! All students who signed up to run in next week’s Student Council Elections please meet in the atrium directly following this announcement.
· And the moment you have all been waiting for...next Friday’s spirit week theme is CANADA DAY BBQ! Wear red and white beach clothes to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday!!! Don't forget to bring in you $5 for full dress downs from Monday May 29th - Thursday June 1st! Just a reminder, Monday is Salad dressing, Grade 9’s are house dressing, Grade 10’s are ranch dressing, Grade 11’s are 1000 Islands, and Grade 12’s are Caesar. Tuesday is our Frat theme, Wednesday is Music Fest, and Thursday is our Canadian BBQ. Friday is relay for life so if you are participating in this you may dress down as well!! WILDCATS GET YOUR VILLY SPIRIT READY BECAUSE NEXT MONDAY MAY 29th will be our last pep rally for 2016-2017 school year!! Can't wait to see all our school spirit next week!
· Things are getting a little slimy at our next pep rally. Have u ever wanted to just dump a bucket of slime on one of your teachers...what about a classmate? Well now is your chance! On Friday and Monday at lunch we will be selling tickets for $1 for a chance to slime either a teacher or grade 12 student at the pep rally next week!
· Yesterday, the junior girls soccer team played St Anne's in the semifinal game. Despite controlling the 2nd half and having chances including posts and a crossbar, our girls simply couldn't find the back of the net. The girls played tough to the very end and represented Villanova with class and determination. Great season girls, we look forward to the years to come!
· The junior boys soccer league started with 16 teams and is now down to two. Yesterday Villanova Junior Boys advanced to the wecssaa final with a 1-0 win over Holy Names. The finals will take place on Monday May 29th at 4pm at St. Annes. Could all players please report to the phys.ed hallway immediately following this announcement for a brief but very important team meeting.
· Good luck to Natalia Glaz next week as she represents Villanova at the OFSAA tennis tournament in Toronto.
· Hey Wildcats, today is the last day to register for our Relay For Life Event which is being held next Friday. If you have not already registered, be sure to see one of our Relay committee members in the atrium during your lunch today. Join us next Friday as we gather on the field to share in the "fun with a purpose"!
· Attention student athletes save the date the athletic banquet is on Tuesday June 13. Those athletes who have not yet paid there athletic fee are asked to do so ASAP and before Friday of this week. If you do not pay your athletic fee your ticket price for the banquet will be 20$. Tickets can be picked up and/or purchased for family and friends at a cost of 20$ starting June 1-June 8th. No exceptions! Looking forward to celebrating the many wildcat athletic successes of 2016/2017.
· There is still room on the bus for students to travel to Stratford this Wednesday, May 31st to see Romeo and Juliet. Please see Mrs. Bondy in Room 217 if you would like to go and have not yet handed in your permission form.
· Attention all Grade 12 students - Prom Tickets are on sale today and tomorrow on both lunches.To purchase a prom ticket, you must have a signed prom contract. If you are bringing a guest from outside of Villanova, your guest will need a guest pass. These forms are now available in the main office. Tickets are $70.00.